Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rat Queens #1 : Review by a Guy That Doesn't Know Much

Son of a.... Rat Queens #1 is a fun read.  Very entertaining.  Funny without being silly.  It's got some great violence too.  It's like Dungeons and Dragons meets Firefly with a dash The Tick.  If that doesn't make you want to buy the book then consider that it's written by Kurtis J. Wiebe, the same guy that writes Peter Panzerfaust (#1 PP selling north of $200).  Plus the artist is John "Roc" Upchurch...the guy who's going to be famous for Rat Queens; who also arted (new word) a series called Vescell, which I will now find and read.

I can't really talk about the book in detail 1. Because I'm a newbie and don't really know what to say about it. 2. Because I don't want to give it away.

It's just, I really liked the book and I wanted to talk about it.  So here I am writing about it.  (Now to get my word count up)  It's very, very, very ,very, very, very, very good.  It's way, way, way, way, way better than other comic books that I've read.

Now, if that doesn't tell it like it is...well then I don't know what (likely not mutually exclusive facts).  Okay, I'll talk about the first part of the book.  The Rat Queens (the "gang" name of our anti-heroines) is arrested after a bar brawl that we find out later was instigated by a rival "gang" member.  I use the word "gang" aptly, yet loosely at the same time.  There doesn't seem to be a territory war of any kind.  The next morning, the sheriff of the town doles out assignments to each of the gangs as a punishment (like if you got one days worth of community service for starting shit in a neutral zone on a PVP server).  And that's when the hilarity ensues.



I might not know much, but I know what's good.
Rat Queens is good.
I give it 5 out of 5 Starshatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment